Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+33
marat
medo
max steel
Algerian Major
sepheronx
Werewolf
xeno
magnumcromagnon
mack8
Atakor
Hachimoto
Black-Swan
Book.
ExBeobachter1987
Mike E
nemrod
iraqidabab
Behrooz
flamming_python
sheytanelkebir
TheArmenian
TR1
Palestinian
George1
BTRfan
ahmedfire
Viktor
Hoof
KRON1
nightcrawler
Admin
GarryB
Russian Patriot
37 posters

Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:20 am

Mike E wrote:
    George1 wrote:Which country? Maybe Syria??

Russian T-90MS tank completes test cycle in Arab country — manufacturer
    Could be Pakistan, given that they were to test a T-90MS. Probably would have heard about it though.

Since when was Pakistan an Arab country??? I'm putting money on either Egypt or Algeria.
    xeno

Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa - Page 4 Empty Re: Russian arms sales to Middle East & North Africa

Post  xeno Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:45 am

Yes, it is Pakistan. Mike is right, you needn't doubt that.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 am

Egypt is knee-deep in the M1A1 and seems to be more interested in Armata; long term of course. It can't be them.

Algeria has more T-90S on order, and an immediate purchase of the MS is possible, if unlikely.

Pakistan has both expressed interest in the MS, and was originally going to test it. It makes the most sense it is them.

It isn't an Arab country, technically, but we are talking journalism here.
    Atakor

Post  Atakor Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:54 am

I believe the tests were held in Koweit.

I'm sure we'll be a client of the MS version, at least as an upgrade. Our officers have been interested in it for a while. There's a shitload of articles and pics a bout that.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 am

Wasn't also Marocco interested in T-90MS?

Not that it would be arab country.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:14 pm

If it was Pakistan, we would have heard of it by now as they love to stick it to Indians at any chance, and my wife reads both Pakistani and Indian news. No word of it. As well, Pakistan isnt an Arab country. As well, there would be flames from India regarding this as they assemble and partially manufacture parts for T-90S.

My bet is Algeria due to already having so many T-90's and they could move to upgrading them.
    Atakor

Post  Atakor Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:33 pm

The Moroccans have just bought 222 refurbished Abrams, I don't see them buying T90MS, especially if we already have them.

The probability to upgrade our tanks to the MS is really high, but still, I won't be surprised if some Gulf nations by some.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Well, it was Kuwait oddly enough... 

Hopefully Pakistan tests it later, as originally planned.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Mike E wrote:Well, it was Kuwait oddly enough... 

Hopefully Pakistan tests it later, as originally planned.

Surprise, Pakistan isn't the 'Arab' country mentioned.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Surprise, it wasn't Egypt or Algeria. 

Rolling Eyes
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Good thing I am not a betting man.

But funny enough, someone on sdelanounas ssid his bet was UAE. Close but not quite. Hopegully Kuwait buys them!
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Mike E wrote:Surprise, it wasn't Egypt or Algeria. 

Rolling Eyes

You should've of known better than to think Pakistan as a Arabic country.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:42 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mike E wrote:Surprise, it wasn't Egypt or Algeria. 

Rolling Eyes

You should've of known better than to think Pakistan as a Arabic country.
    Never thought they were, rather that quotes and journalists can be misunderstood. 

I suspect Kuwait will purchase ~150 to replace their M-84's, and maybe a few extra to start dropping the A2.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:20 am

Well, ugh...turns out that Kuwait finishing T-90MS testing was originally announced at IDEF in February. Repeating news 6 months later would be an odd move, unless this really is a different country.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Could be UAE.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:17 pm

sepheronx wrote:Could be UAE.
    Possibly, but they recently splashed on the Leclerc, and are going to receive upgrades on them. 

Maybe it really is Kuwait and this is just old news.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Mike E wrote:
    Possibly, but they recently splashed on the Leclerc, and are going to receive upgrades on them. 

Well I just read some where that Saudi Arabia is interested in T-90MS, but with all the past bad blood (Afghanistan, oil prices, Chechnya, Dagestan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Iran) I really suspect that the so called potential arm deals between the Russians and the Saudis wont amount to anything (hopefully). Hence why I stand with prediction that current news of the T-90MS is probably between either Egypt, or Algeria, who've both shown interest in the past.

*I'm about to go off on a tangent a bit*

The public presence of the GCC states in recent Russian arms shows is really their desperation to bribe the Russians away from the Iranians, in turn cause bad blood between them. In reality the potential arm deals between the GCC (with the excepetion of the UAE) and Russia is minuscule compared to the mega deals between Russia and Iran (which could reach hundreds of billions of dollars in a decade). I feel like from the current crisis in Syria, secular Arab countries such as Egypt, and Algeria are stocking up their war chest with a reliable arms partner (Russia) before a Muslim Brotherhood financed dirty war has started in their respective nations. Just a reminder, in the 90's the Muslim Brotherhood started a civil war in Algeria, in 2011 they started a civil war in Syria, and almost managed to start a civil war in Egypt back in 2013, except that Sisi brilliantly managed to pit the two main warmongering GCC states (Saudi Arabia, and Qatar) against each other, thus nullifying any traction in starting a dirty war in Egypt.
    Algerian Major

Post  Algerian Major Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:18 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Well I just read some where that Saudi Arabia is interested in T-90MS, but with all the past bad blood (Afghanistan, oil prices, Chechnya, Dagestan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, and Iran) I really suspect that the so called potential arm deals between the Russians and the Saudis wont amount to anything (hopefully). Hence why I stand with prediction that current news of the T-90MS is probably between either Egypt, or Algeria, who've both shown interest in the past.

The public presence of the GCC states in recent Russian arms shows is really their desperation to bribe the Russians away from the Iranians, in turn cause bad blood between them. In reality the potential arm deals between the GCC (with the excepetion of the UAE) and Russia is minuscule compared to the mega deals between Russia and Iran (which could reach hundreds of billions of dollars in a decade). I feel like from the current crisis in Syria, secular Arab countries such as Egypt, and Algeria are stocking up their war chest with a reliable arms partner (Russia) before a Muslim Brotherhood financed dirty war has started in their respective nations. Just a reminder, in the 90's the Muslim Brotherhood started a civil war in Algeria, in 2011 they started a civil war in Syria, and almost managed to start a civil war in Egypt back in 2013, except that Sisi brilliantly managed to pit the two main warmongering GCC states (Saudi Arabia, and Qatar) against each other, thus nullifying any traction in starting a dirty war in Egypt.

Actually It's Algeria who got the T-90MS but it will not be transported to it,it will be MADE HERE ,200 T-90MS planed to be extended to 1500
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:57 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

Russians should sell Saudis T-90MSA, turret armor removed and fitted with semtex, nice 2.7 tones of Semtex armor as a revenge for Saudi shit of Arabia terrorism.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Future Export Bestseller: Russia's Campaign in Syria Helps Promote Su-34

Foreign buyers of Russian-made military equipment will now be able to take a good look at the Sukhoi Su-34 strike fighters which have been actively engaged in the Russian-led aerial campaign targeting extremists in Syria and hailed as the best hardware Moscow can offer, military expert Igor Korotchenko told RIA Novosti.

Korotchenko named Vietnam, Algeria and Iraq as potential buyers but added that other countries, including Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, are increasingly interested in the Su-34 as well. He believes that several Su-34 squadrons could be sold in the next five years.
    "Several countries in Africa, including Uganda and Nigeria, which is waging a war against Boko Haram, could buy the Su-34. Strike fighters could also strengthen Ethiopia's Air Force, which operates aging Sukhoi Su-27 fighters," Korotchenko noted.

On September 30, Russia launched a multinational aerial campaign aimed at assisting Damascus-led forces in their fight against terrorist groups, which are trying to oust President Bashar al-Assad. The operation was authorized by legitimate Syrian authorities.

As part of these counterterrorist efforts, air group, consisting of Sukhoi Su-24M attack aircraft, Sukhoi Su-34 strike fighters and Sukhoi Su-25SM jets, conducted approximately 550 sorties destroying militant terrorist command centers, ammunition depots, underground bunkers, field camps and strongholds.

Based on Sukhoi Su-27, the Su-34 is a 4++ generation jet, which can accelerate to a maximum speed of 1,200 mph and has a maximum range of 2,500 miles without refueling.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 pm

I doubt Su-34 will be exported, but Su-30SM type of Flanker will go well in export. RuAF could throw few KAB-500S bombs with Su-30SM on ISIS and they will sell them well in the market. They do their job well with air protection and as flying command post for the group sharing all informations with data link network with other planes as with UAVs and ground command posts. This is for what twin seaters are good for. Pilot is flying and the operator is doing all the rest. I doubt pilot in Su-35 could do all this job alone, flying, fighting and coordinating the group even with the help of computers. RuAF choose well to have Su-35 and PAK-FA for air defense in Russian air space, while all other jobs will be with Su-34 and Su-30SM. Maybe in the future MiG-35 will join them.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Su-34 and similiar aircrafts are a specialized aircraft that most countries do not need and can not afford and if they see a need for a similiar aircraft they will go for Su-24M.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Su-34 on paper is a very cheap aircraft for Russia. Issue is, it is very secretive aircraft. Out of all the modern used aircrafts in Russia's inventory, Su-34 we know the least amount. Actual performance of the N004 radar, various EW systems, the optical system, etc. Very little info about the aircraft itself isn't a good selling point. But what this is doing is helping Russia greatly in testing it out on the field.

Su-30SM will probably be the one that gets all the orders, and old Su-24M's that are upgraded may as well.
    Atakor

Post  Atakor Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 am

The Su34 is on the AAF's shopping list. They want to replace the Su24mk2 with them.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:23 pm

sepheronx wrote:Su-34 on paper is a very cheap aircraft for Russia.  Issue is, it is very secretive aircraft.  Out of all the modern used aircrafts in Russia's inventory, Su-34 we know the least amount.  Actual performance of the N004 radar, various EW systems, the optical system, etc.  Very little info about the aircraft itself isn't a good selling point.  But what this is doing is helping Russia greatly in testing it out on the field.

Su-30SM will probably be the one that gets all the orders, and old Su-24M's that are upgraded may as well.

True. But from night attack of Su-34 on ISIS convoys of Toyotas, we could assume that Platan complex actually have FLIR camera inside. I hope RuAF will one day show night time Platan picture.

Atakor wrote:The Su34 is on the AAF's shopping list. They want to replace the Su24mk2 with them.

Algeria could simply buy more Su-30MKA to replace Su-24MK.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:16 am